Creativity Forums

yosh
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re: Most Overrated Bands of All Time

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Led Zeppelin. Yes they were great but give me a fucking break. Blues standards and acid ramblings. If I brought you a song I wrote about Mordor or the Misty Mountains you'd tell me to fuck right off. Too bad nobody did that to Robert Plant.

The Beatles, except for George Harrison. That guy was amazing.

Billy Joel. We get it, the entertainer is lonely. There are now Pagliaccis for Pagliaccis and all the Pagliaccis love each other behind closed doors. Your era is over. (to be fair he kind of realizes this and now just tours to make a dime off nostalgia)

Pink Floyd. Big fucking whoop.

The Who, post 1970. They should have stopped after Tommy.

Frank Sinatra. Just because you can sing pretty doesn't mean you get a pass for being a fucking pervert. Unless you're Michael Jackson, I guess.

To that end, Michael Jackson. But NOT Quincy Jones.

NWA (but NOT Ice Cube)

Nirvana

Mariah Carey

I love them so much, but the Talking Heads (do I only like it because I think I SHOULD like it?)

The Beach Boys. Fuck the Beach Boys.

Most unpopular opinion: MOTOWN.

JTAC Dan
Private
Private
Flag: United States of America

Re: Most Overrated Bands of All Time

Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Daniel, out of those bands, I'd have to disagree and say Green Day is one of the most overrated bands(along with Pink Floyd) to me.

Greed Day uses basic chords, nothing technical, simple lyrics. To be as big as they are, I'd expect some sort of talent. My garage band in high school covered Green Day songs, and we sucked. More talent is needed if you want my admiration.