Creativity Forums

aridessa
Private
Private
Topic Author

The Darkana deck

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:58 pm

First of all, I think your tarot deck is your best thing I've seen so far of yours. I didn't know about that other stuff until I looked into your deck further. So it will always be my favorite thing of yours. I won't lie, I can't get into the Everwind stuff. It's not my thing. Maybe it'll come around, but that's okay.

I figured your deck could use it's own section so people can discuss it further. Here is my first question. Which card from the Darkana is your favorite? (That question is for Dan as well as anyone else.) Mine is the Emperor. I like that you used the chief, never would have thought of that.

Daniel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Flag: United States of America

RE: The Darkana deck

Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Yeah, maybe the Everwind stuff will come around. Hope so. I've got some fun stuff coming out soon to maybe take it in a new direction. I'm glad you like the Darkana, it's my most successful enterprise to date, actually. Into the second edition, plus the Android app, I can't really complain.

To answer your question, my favorite card is the 8 of Pentacles. Just the whole essence of it. Plus, the notes across the top are actually the first 8 notes to my favorite guitar intro of all time. And about the Emperor, that's what I was going for. I've always looked at N.A. leaders as being some of the best and wisest.

darkana8pentacles.jpg
Be legendary. | Find me on Facebook

Cobra Kai
Corporal
Corporal
Flag: Ireland

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:42 pm

I dont have this product but I googled it and some cards that really struck me were Chariot, Star (like the stripper shoes), Knight of wands. I also like the hockey player.
Fear does not exist in this dojo.

Daniel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:46 am

Nice, thanks. Those are all cards I like also. The Star specifically, I wanted to use a disco ball as the star instead of a celestial body. I just like doing different things is all. I'm doing expansions for the Darkana deck right now actually, so you'll be seeing some new cards soon.

Castus
Private
Private

Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:26 pm

I don't know much about tarot but from what I've seen people saying or commenting or whatever, it seems like you were able to make a pretty good deck that stands out from the rest. That's probably how I would do it too. Do you have any cards you hate?
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Abraham Lincoln

Miss Tranton
Private
Private

Re: The Darkana deck

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:19 pm

I'm not into tarot, actually I've never looked into it. Never gotten my fortune or seen cards in real life or anything. I think I'd get one though because you created it. That's really cool. Where can I get one?

Daniel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: RE: The Darkana deck

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:22 am

Castus wrote:
I don't know much about tarot but from what I've seen people saying or commenting or whatever, it seems like you were able to make a pretty good deck that stands out from the rest. That's probably how I would do it too. Do you have any cards you hate?

From my deck or in general? In my deck I really don't like some of the court cards. King of Cups especially. And while I like the concept I did behind the 9 of Swords, I don't like the art. There are probably 11 or so cards I'm not satisfied with.

Miss Tranton wrote:
I'm not into tarot, actually I've never looked into it. Never gotten my fortune or seen cards in real life or anything. I think I'd get one though because you created it. That's really cool. Where can I get one?

That's a great question. You can get the physical deck at http://thegamecrafter.com/games/darkana-tarot and you can get the Android app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kana&hl=en

Veil
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:39 pm

I saw you posting about expansion packs on ITR on facebook. When do those come out? How many cards per pack? Tell me everything.

Daniel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:38 pm

I'm two cards away from finishing the first expansion pack. 10 cards per. It will be glorious.

Cobra Kai
Corporal
Corporal
Flag: Ireland

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:14 am

how long does it take to make 1 card?
Fear does not exist in this dojo.