Dan here. Welcome to my site. I would love to help you achieve success in whatever you're doing. I sometimes go by Janden Hale. I suffer from creativity overload, I'm sure there's a syndrome out there. I like to try my hand at everything, so I often shuffle between numerous projects (I want to write a song! I want to make a wallet! I want to write a book! I want to sell some t-shirts! Hey! I'm writing a book of poetry! and on and on...) and the result is that very few things get completed. That's what this site is about. Figuring out how to navigate the creative environment. Through my blog and these forums here, I will be sharing with you things I've learned along the way. Hopefully you get something out of it. Welcome.
P.S. Here is a list of some various projects I have tried over the years. This is not to brag, but more to demonstrate how scatterbrained I can be. I have learned a lot from this.
- Novelism/Books/Stories - I have written a few novels (Jester's Down, Locker 6T3, Unleash Your Inner Badass, short stories, novellas, kids stories)
- Poetry - I have a graphical poetry book called Paper Walls
- Everwind- This falls under the books and stories category, but it's a universe all to its own. Stories, a wiki, tried a podcast, games, etc. All in this universe.
- T-shirt companies - I tried to do two different t-shirt companies myself (Guardian Cloth Co and Gasworks Apparel) and I'm half owner of another one (War Cry Apparel)
- Fitness - (Fatal Fitness website, CrossFit Advantage, a fitness game called Ptossing - later became Ptrifting)
- Board games - I have designed a few games, none of which I released (Disaster Outpost, Improvo, Track Attack, Skwar). I still do this from time to time, and you can see the site here.
- Darkana tarot deck - This one is no longer available, but is set to be released in 2019. The first version was a resounding success; I did everything from the art to the booklet, also did the write-ups for the 3rd party Android App
- Magazines - I started three magazines, none of which are around anymore (Cyanide, Rotting Clocks, Manarchy)
- Camouflage - I invented the HexCam camouflage pattern, which is owned by HexCam USA (I used to run this company, but I left it to focus on War Cry)
- Music - I have been in several bands and written some music (Mental Hazzard, TSVP, Ghost Tribe Fires, myself)
- Web Games and apps - I created a puzzle/riddle game (Darker Slate) and a few apps, two of which are available on Google Play (Lore Forge Writer Resources, Deception Hound)
- Darkana Creative - my freelance graphic design business (still do this)
- Inappropriate Tarot Readings - an old app I created for Facebook, which exploded with success; now is a FB page)
- Martial Arts - I owned a gym (my first business) when I was 21 called Triple Dragon Martial Arts and Boxing; since I have done MMA and ran several little clubs and have a 3-2-0 professional MMA record (so far). I also created Viam Chao to supplement Loricism.
- Film, acting, etc. - I have been involved in a few film projects; once worked on a photo comic with Gary Stevens called Rogue Squadron, two other short films, got to be in Range 15
- Web TV - started four shows, Myth & Magic (debunking stuff), Total Danarchy, a live web talk show with Josh Jameson (you can find both on Youtube; TD had over 30 episodes), and Spectrum (a web tv anthology), and currently do a daily video series called Daily Vitamin D
- Podcasting - Tried my hand with my own podcast, Total Danarchy (to continue the TD name), but I didn't stick with it consistently. I still post episodes every once in a while.
- Atlica- yet another t-shirt company, the shirts of which are sold through my fiancee's boutique, Indris.
- Philosophy - my biggest endeavor to date is called Loricism. It's a system of philosophy for self-improvement and rational communication. My goal is to make it spread like BJJ or CrossFit. This one has a Facebook page, a group, and a reddit.
- Politics - I once created a parody political party called the Sciolist Party (a sciolist is a person who thinks they know what they're talking about).
So yeah. You might be like me - someone who is very creative and who wants to just see what can be created or done. I'm a huge proponent of the maxim that success doesn't come without lots of failure. Secret: the number one contributor to failure is quitting.